Saturday, June 14, 2008

Goodbye Bike #3

So I'm thinking I must be cursed. When i lived in DC - I had 2 bikes stolen. Now, I just lost my mountain bike. This happened because of my own idiocy. It really is my own fault. I put my bike on the trailer-hitch bike rack and decided not to secure it. I even had a conversation in my head "i should secure it better but... I'm just going to Kathy's house and a few miles won't make a difference... my bike never moves anyway....." well, I made it to Kathy's house. My bike didn't. I ended up driving the roads many times trying to find if anyone was honest and just placed my bike somewhere on the side of the road. unfortunately, the area I lost my bike on is the quintessential part of "Hills-burrito" so I'm sad to say that someone needed my bike more than they needed to be honest. Not a big surprise for that area of my town.

No comments: