I lived in DC for 7 years. Now that I've moved 3o00 miles away from the U.S. Capitol, I've started learning more about the U.S. political process - more than I ever learned before. I've visited the Hill for work purposes, I work with congressional staffers, I learn about who is in the leadership and who is for Federal "pork" spending and who isn't... I pay attention when Bush talks about ending earmarks. I pay attention when people laugh about the "bridge to nowhere". I work on an issue that is non-partisan and prove-able as affective. It's great to know that we can defend the fact that this is an issue that benefits the community. I also like working with members of both parties.Today, I met a great congressman. His wife was even in his office and wanted to sit in on our presentation. I really like political figures who are personable and genuine.
No comments:
Post a Comment