
This evening, the LDS community was rocked with the news that President Hinckley, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons), died at age 97 today. He has been the prophet of our church for 12 years, and served many years in the church, bringing it into the 21st century, in more ways than just literally. I love President Hinckley. I think he's one of the dearest men that this world has known. I love his smile, his humor, his wisdom, the way his voice cracks when he talks. President Hinckley loved to serve the people of the church; beyond Utah and internationally. We have over 100 temples (over 150); that happened since he became prophet. I hope that because of him, we will all 'stand a little taller'. I know that I need to stand taller.
For me personally, President Hinckley became the prophet in February of my senior year of High School. It has been in the last 12 years that i've really developed my sense of beliefs in the gospel and President Hinckley has been there as the head of our church during the most formative time of my life. President Hinckley led a full life and is a great example for all of us to follow and try to emulate.
No comments:
Post a Comment