Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Painting Painting - 2 Projects - 1 weekend

This weekend, I took a break from working and organizing (and traveling) to just do something fun for my house. I did two painting projects for my main floor.

Project 1: Canvas - Picaso I'm not, but maybe a wanna be?
I stole this idea from Top Design, a Bravo tv show where designers compete with different projects. In the finale project, one of the designers did a painting by pouring paint down a canvas and then hanging it horizontally. 


I have wanted to copy this idea for a while - so finally did it this last weekend. I bought two canvases at Ikea and painted over the ugly paintings that were on them, with a dark brown and then poured colors that I love from my pillows onto the canvas. i decided I wanted more colors, so I used other colors we'd used throughout the house and ended up with the canvas results below:

Project 2: Boxed in - the bathroom
I really don't like painting bathrooms. There are just too many details with mirrors, vanities and toilets that I'd rather avoid all that perfectionism... so I decided to do something "funky" - and well, I guess, it's probably pretty tame. I had lots of ideas about doing a large flower or something but ended up doing 3 large blocks in the colors of a rug that my roommates had bought for the main floor bathroom.

These are the results:

and behind the door is this "window" with flowers:  Charlie ate one of the flowers but I still used it.

No comments: