Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Eagle Has landed


Recently, and really for the past year... my roommate (E) has been really having a hard time with life in general. I guess in the last few months, I've lost my patience and have become the "not so nice roommate" while my other roommate (A) is the "nice one." I frequently quote my Young Women's leader "Suck up and live with it" - and after the month that I've had, with friends dying, babies dying, people losing jobs... I really don't see how her life is REALLY that hard. So, it's true, she doesn't get the sympathy that maybe she deserves. I just think that if your problem is that your life hasn't turned out the way you've planned - then figure out a way to be happy with where you are going. Yes, in a hypocritical way, I do have my bad days and forget this statement - but I don't forget it for over a year!!

I've told my roommate that I would love to be under 30 - that it all changed after that and that she's aged herself to be up there with A and myself instead of hanging out with other 27 year olds. That's her choice - but when we encourage her to go out, she chooses not to. Apparently this has all hit the fan yesterday and this weekend... to the point she wasn't going to talk to either one of us for a week (I'm the one that did the offending on Saturday). When we're past 22 - I would hope that we can learn to communicate in a different way than ignoring and not speaking. We're not in high school.

Well, yesterday, E told A that she doesn't want us to encourage her to do anything and just leave her alone. So, I'm done. I told A today, that I don't even want to talk about E any more and if she wants to talk fine, but I don't even want to analyze it as much as possible - so to communicate that E has hit a down time - we're using the term "eagle has landed" and I think that sums it up.

If I complain, I'll remember 'eagle has landed' and just move on and change the subject. Re-hashing is not worth my time. I have other things I want to focus on and do. I really want to go back to the way I used to be - more positive. That's my new goal. It doesn't do me any good to focus on the negative.

No comments: