Monday, June 1, 2009

Vegas - for a 2nd date


So, I went on a date when I was in california last month.  His name is B.  It was a complete blind date and was "surprisingly fun".  Well, since then, we've talked everyday (non-serious talks mostly on IM until the last 5 days - now we talk on the phone).  Somehow, in my non-subtle way, I got him to say he'd go on a trip with me to wherever, using my Jetblue flight (I have to book it by Wednesday).  Anyway,  we're probably going to Vegas. No worries, there won't be any driving up to LDS Temple marriage windows, or even visiting Elvis pastors for a marriage.  Still, I've never explored Vegas and I think it'll be fun.  I go with no expectations other than to have fun.  

Here's what is interesting about B (aka Mr. R) and why I would even think about going on a 2nd date (long weekend trip) with him... I find myself acting like the person I like being when I'm with my friends from my growing up days and my friends in DC.  Last year, my NW roommate went to DC with me and said that I was a different person around my friends there.  I think it's true.   

I can be a little crazy (drunk on mormon beer - aka Water) and just have fun and laughter.  In my "older" years, I've let that crazy part of me get suppressed.  Part of it is, I feed off other "crazy" people and I guess I haven't found a plethora of them here in the NW.  With Mr. R - that crazy, sarcastic side of me comes out - actually he really keeps me on my toes but it's just fun.  I really miss that fun and laughter and think that Mr. R will be a great partner in crime to take Vegas by storm!

No comments: