Friday, March 5, 2010

March is the time for Birthdays

So, a couple people have commented that they check my blog and I hardly ever write on it. True. I really created this blog so that I could track all of you :).

But, I thought I would write a quick update. My last posting was depressing, so I thought I should highlight that March is the months of birthdays! It never was when I was younger. I didn't know anyone really born in March but now I have a ton of friends who were born in this great month.

Let's start with Suz of the infamous Druzanne duo. Growing up, Natalie S's birthday is March 9th. Becky F's birthday is St. Patrick's Day. Mine is the 18th, My Grandpa's is the 19th (turning 93 I think). My Aunt Kathy's. Kristen's, Katy's and so many more (including nephews).

And, in the last few months, I've added a new person to my list of March Birthdays - I'm dating a guy named Mike. We met in October and depending on the day and how we're feeling, October was our first date, a half date, or not a date at all. Our first real date was in December. But even that one was "obligatory" since we had been set up by some good friends. He lives about 3 hours away, so everything we do has a long-distance factor in it. We were setting up the December date over email, so I wasn't sure if he was asking me out for Friday or Friday and Saturday... I asked him over email and he answered "if things go well, we'll go out Saturday". I take that to mean that Friday was a trial date :). But aren't all dates trials ... well, that comes off wrong.

There was no "trial" involved. We had fun and we've been going out almost every weekend ever since.

Tomorrow, I will attempt to make (already started) an ice-cream cake for Mike's birthday. I'm combining 5 different recipes and making my own version. Depending on who you talk to, Ice cream cake actually is more cake than ice cream or vis a vis. I'm going for the MORE ice cream than cake option. Either way, it'll be yummy I am sure.

So, that's my happy update about the last 5 months of my life.

Smiles,
E

No comments: