
Jacob Wetterling is my age (or a little younger). He should be. Except, we don't know where he is. Jacob went missing one evening when he was 11 years old. It's now been 20 years (today). I've met his mother, Patty Wetterling. She fights for hope and for children's issues everywhere. She's a fabulous person.
I first heard of Jacob's story when I was in college. I then worked at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children during the 10 year anniversary of his disappearance. When I was on the hotline, I read every lead that was ever logged into the database.
For whatever reason, especially after the live reappearance of three other major cases in the last 4 years, I hold onto that hope that Jacob will be found. I hope he's alive. I hope that he can go home someday.
Who took him? Who was the man who chose Jacob instead of his brother and friend (they were with him that night)? Where did he take Jacob?
There are many theories, but I just think that after 20 years, Jacob's family deserves to know where he is. I can't imagine the heartache they have felt and the tears they have shed each year. Today, I hope we can honor the Wetterling family for fighting for children's rights and issues by taking a look - or spreading the word. At least one person knows where Jacob is. Someday the truth can come out - or Jacob could come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment